Whether you are able to commit to a certain volunteer time each week or simply want to drop in when you have time we have a place for you. Please fill out our online application above from the drop down list or print off a copy below.
- Animal Caretaker: Whether dogs or cats, we have the opportunity to work directly with animals. This volunteer would help us feed, clean, and provide some enrichment (play/cuddle time) for our animals. Schedules will vary depending on animal, but can range from 8 am – 5 pm.
- Dogs Walkers: This activity can be done anytime throughout the day and week. We are always looking for more walkers to keep our pups happy and healthy.
- Office/Reception: If you would like to help, but prefer to work with people, we have opportunities to work in our front office helping with phones, data entry, pet information for potential adoptees, etc.
- Special Events: Help with on and offsite events to promote and champion our mission of animal welfare.
- Projects: Volunteering doesn’t always mean animal care work. If you have a special ability (media, photography, sewing, web knowledge, building, maintenance, etc), we would love for you to do what you do best and help the shelter. If you are interested in helping us using your own unique abilities, please give us a call at 605-642-1576, so we can utilize your talents 🙂
- Group Volunteer Days: If you are involved with a group (work, school, social, church, etc) and are looking for a volunteer project, we would love to arrange a trip for your group to come see us! Depending on your group and talents therein, we can set up special projects (i.e. mending outdoor kennels, planting flowers, landscaping, cleaning, animal care, painting, etc). Contact us at 605-642-1576 for more information on group volunteering.
Please come down and visit the shelter! We can always use volunteer help, and you will find that it is very rewarding to help homeless pets in need. Make good friends of the four-legged and two-legged variety, we look forward to meeting you soon!
To volunteer at Western Hills Humane Society, please stop by Western Hills Humane Society and fill out a Volunteer Application.